All those selling goods, services, or products at the convention must be accompanied by prior authorization from the convention head coordinator in the form of a Promoter Pass.
The Central Canada Comic Con wants everyone to have a safe convention. We also want to encourage people to have fun with their costume designs.
The following items are forbidden from being brought into the convention:
- Any weapons that may cause a mess (silly string, filled water guns, water balloons, etc.).
- Explosives (including firecrackers, caps, and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes, and switch blades), regardless of sharpness, must remain sheathed at all times or else they will be forbidden.
- Live ammunition firearms are not permitted. This includes those firearms that have no loaded ammunition or the firing bolt or pin removed.
- Functional replica firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns, and pellet guns) are permitted only for display during the costume contest. Please mark your prop firearms with an orange tip if possible for security reasons.
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, slingshots).
Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs, and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass, and glass)
- Any other weapon prohibited by Canadian law.
Should people require entering a costume contest with any of the above, the items will be stored backstage until the time of the costume contest.
Any items purchased at the convention, once removed from their packaging, are regarded the same as any prop weapon brought into the convention and must comply with these rules.
If your costume prop takes up a significant amount of space – enough to obstruct hallways or walking areas – or is so cumbersome so as to impede your movement, we recommend you only have it for the costume contest.
Above all else: use common sense! The convention wants to avoid any and all injury that may result in what you feel is harmless fun. With the number of attendants expected for this year’s convention, horseplay could result in injured bystanders.
Failure to comply with the weapons policy may result in expulsion from the convention without refund.
We are a bootleg-free convention. All exhibitors must follow strict guidelines for the marketing of anime merchandise. There will be no bootlegs or unofficial copies permitted for sale at the convention. Any dealers found selling bootleg merchandise will be asked to remove it from the con premises immediately.
All congoers may feel free to take pictures or video at the convention. However, please be respectful of other attendees while doing so. Do not obstruct walkways or attractions when taking photographs or video.
Always ask permission before taking a photograph or video of someone in costume.
Please do not photograph or videotape underage attendees without their parents’ permission.
Please wait in line to get a photograph or video with celebrities and guests. Please do not take photographs or video where not permitted, including at artist tables.
Remember to keep an eye on your camera and equipment at all times. The convention is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Attendees should be aware that media will be in attendance at the convention, and may be photographed or filmed at any time.